Mardi Gras is an exciting time for celebration, but it can also be a logistical nightmare for event planners. One often overlooked aspect of event planning is the need for adequate bathroom facilities. This is where portable toilet rentals come in.
Portable toilets, also known as porta potties, are a convenient and sanitary solution for events where there is a lack of permanent bathroom facilities. They are especially useful for outdoor events, such as Mardi Gras parades and festivals.
When it comes to renting portable toilets for Mardi Gras, there are a few things to consider. Here is a guide to help you plan for and rent the best porta potties for your Mardi Gras event.
- Determine your needs
The first step in renting portable toilets is to determine your needs. Consider the size and duration of your event, as well as the expected number of attendees. You will also need to consider the location of your event, as this will affect the availability and cost of portable toilet rentals.
- Choose the right type of portable toilet
There are several types of portable toilets to choose from, each with its own features and benefits. Here are a few options to consider:
- Special event portable toilets: These are our cleanest, most feature-packed toilets set aside specifically for special events. These units have never set foot on a construction site or in an industrial setting.
- Handicap-accessible portable toilets: These toilets are designed to be accessible for people with disabilities. They are equipped with features such as grab bars and wider doorways to accommodate wheelchairs.
- Restroom Trailers: These are larger units that can accommodate multiple toilet stalls and sinks. They are suitable for events with a large number of attendees, and can be equipped with additional features such as changing stations and hand-washing sinks.
- Consider the number of portable toilets you will need
It is important to have enough portable toilets to meet the needs of your attendees. As a general rule of thumb, you should plan for one portable toilet for every 50 to 100 people at your event. However, this will depend on the size and duration of your event, as well as the number of other bathroom facilities that are available.
- Rent from a reputable company like Pot-O-Gold Rentals!
When it comes to renting portable toilets, it is important to work with a reputable company like Pot-O-Gold. Look for a company that has experience in providing portable toilet rentals for events, and ask for references from past clients. Make sure to ask about the condition and cleanliness of the portable toilets, as well as the availability of servicing and maintenance during the event.
- Plan for servicing and maintenance
Portable toilets need to be serviced and maintained regularly to ensure they are clean and in good working condition. Make sure to ask your portable toilet rental company about their servicing and maintenance schedule, and plan accordingly. You may also want to consider hiring a cleaning crew to keep the portable toilets clean during the event.
- Consider additional amenities
In addition to basic portable toilets, you may also want to consider renting additional amenities such as hand-washing stations, portable sinks, and hand sanitizer dispensers. These can help to keep attendees healthy and prevent the spread of germs.
Here is the a schedule of all the Mardi Gras Parades in Louisiana for 2023.