Welcome to the first of a new weekly blog series. Today’s lucky pick is Janette Meyers! She was born March 31, 1980 and is the eldest of three. She is from Metairie, LA but grew up on a horse farm in Franklinton, LA. She now lives with her boyfriend, two cats (Pumpkin and Harlequin), and a pug (Presley).
Janette has worked for Pot-O-Gold for over two and a half years and she’s also a licensed cosmetologist. If you are ever in the down town area of Hammond, LA on a Saturday between the hours of 9AM and 2PM, stop by Sei Bella to get your hair done by this amazingly talented lady!
In her free time she enjoys losing herself in a good book, expressing herself through art (painting), and generally just enjoying the outdoors.
Just some other random information about Janette:
- Her favorite restaurant is Barley Oak Pub on the Mandeville Lakefront. Her favorite order? Brat Dog with Sauerkraut and Homemade Potato Salad – Scotch on the rocks and a Dark Chocolate beer. She also fancies hot tea.
- The best vacation to date: Grand Canyon. Ideal vacation: Escaping to the mountains
- She has three degrees from Southeastern LA university (General Ed/ History/ English)
- She is a “Lyme Warrior” as she has been battling Lyme Disease since her official diagnosis in 2008
- Music: anything from Queen and Journey to Marylin Manson and Flogging Molly
- Sports: Rugby
- Favorite colors: Green and yellow
- Favorite Flowers: Sunflowers